Thursday, December 5, 2013

Building the “Toucan” wooden clock Part 5

Testing Gears Sonrisa




The nice thing of cutting the gears with the CNC is the precision: Everything fitted perfectly and no rework at all. I made a mistake opening the holes in the frame: the one for holding the arbor of the escape wheel was too big so I inserted a brass tube and fixed the arbor to the wheel. I had to cut a longer arbor and add a stopper in the back of the frame. I asked Clayton about this and he explained that he does not like bushings but I think that this one will not harm the final result…

Tomorrow I will add some finishing to the wheels and I will start to work on the pendulum and the electrical part. I am also milling a new dial but with a small modification in the thickness of the Roman numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that any comment with commercial links will be immediately deleted and declared as SPAM.

If you want to advertise in my blog please contact me to agree in a fee and i will be happy to add your link in the side bar.