Saturday, December 7, 2013

Building the “Toucan” wooden clock Part 6

After staining and finish of  the gears I put all together to see what issues come out but fortunately the only problem was in the Escape wheel, I had to sand all the teeth as they were too slippery. Here is a video of the test. I hope the mechanism  is smooth enough for the electric coil to kept it making “tic tack” SonrisaReloj

For the coil I used a screw and to pieces of round PC boards that I bought in Radio Shack to complete the reel. I used a heat shrink to cover the screw before winding
I made a small winding machine using a toy dc motor with gearbox and 2 AA batteries. A lithe bit of wood, a piece of 1” rod and two screws  helped to complete this provisional machine

2013-12-07 20.08.54
I ordered a stepper motor to add a rotary axis to my CNC. For the next coil I will use my CNC as a winding machine to make a perfect coil! as I will advance I a coordinated way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that any comment with commercial links will be immediately deleted and declared as SPAM.

If you want to advertise in my blog please contact me to agree in a fee and i will be happy to add your link in the side bar.