Now that the pendulum is tested I am starting the building of the real clock. The 3D design is ready although I still need to modify it based on the leanings of the test stand. This design is based in a draft that Clyton Boyer shared with me of a conical pendulum clock using constant force spring. He never finished the design and he gave it to me to see if I can convert it to the electrical driven conical pendulum. (And I took his as a challenge)
Using Clyton’s basic idea I redesigned the back base, also designed the elliptical dial. I changed the position of the wheels in order to match the base and the dial shape. I also defined the arbor’s length and decide to use 3/16” rod for the arbors instead 1/8”
These are some views generated by the 3d design software I use:
This weekend I started with the building of the real clock. The first thing is the pendulum, once I have it ready, tested and calibrated I will continue with the rest of the clock.
This is the Final design of the pendulum part of the clock after the leanings from the test stand
In this opportunity I went back to basics and used a scroll saw to cut the base parts and the arcs. I only used the CNC for carving the holes for the motor, the ball bearings and electrical circuit (added space for eventual use of batteries)
Today I finished the pendulum structure an this is how it looks now:
Tomorrow I will finish the electrical part, hang the pendulum and start testing!