Here is a video of the first tick tock:
I learned a lot of things:
- I used a simple fade up / fade down routine but the response of the solenoid is not linear with the voltage
- I need to work on the mechanism:
- Add weigh to the stopper lever
- Polish the surface of the escapement wheel’s teeth in contact with the pull lever as in some positions it get stock when returning
- polish the arbor of the escapement wheel and reduce the play as it is too loose in the arbor and some times it touches the third wheel. I placed some washers but I thin I will need to mill a new escapement.
- Polish the rest of the arbors and teeth of all the wheels
I made some provisional fixes and modified the program non linear analog output to smooth the solenoid action and added some weight to the stopper and the results were promising:
I am very exited with this project this will be a fantastic clock!