Here is a video of the first tick tock:
I learned a lot of things:
- I used a simple fade up / fade down routine but the response of the solenoid is not linear with the voltage
- I need to work on the mechanism:
- Add weigh to the stopper lever
- Polish the surface of the escapement wheel’s teeth in contact with the pull lever as in some positions it get stock when returning
- polish the arbor of the escapement wheel and reduce the play as it is too loose in the arbor and some times it touches the third wheel. I placed some washers but I thin I will need to mill a new escapement.
- Polish the rest of the arbors and teeth of all the wheels
I made some provisional fixes and modified the program non linear analog output to smooth the solenoid action and added some weight to the stopper and the results were promising:
I am very exited with this project this will be a fantastic clock!
Post a Comment
Please be aware that any comment with commercial links will be immediately deleted and declared as SPAM.
If you want to advertise in my blog please contact me to agree in a fee and i will be happy to add your link in the side bar.